Baltimore Brew Photography Contest

Maryland Photographer Amanda Arnold It Flies By itfliesby

I took the photo above of Remy at Loudon Park National Cemetery on Frederick Rd. on Memorial Day. I like that Remy's downward cast profile mimicks that of the POW/MIA silhouette on the flag that is seen in the background over the wall. After a compliment on the photo from a photographer friend, I decided to enter it in Baltimore Brew's Memorial Day Photo Contest. They were soliciting for photos of "Baltimore kicking off summer". I have those: wading in kiddie pools, ice cream man, Shay watering adolescent sunflowers. But, I still decided that this is what I wanted to enter. Well, today my photo is running on Baltimore Brew's top story in the second runner up position and I couldnt be happier! Thank you Baltimore Brew! See the sory here:

http://baltimorebrew.com/blog/2010/06/03/and-the-winner-is/#more-12134

I'm glad they picked the photo. Each day gives me an opportunity to teach my kids something. This is pretty deep of a topic, but here is a look at it in 3 yr old perspective.

Maryland Photographer Amanda Arnold It Flies By itfliesby

Memorial Day starts the season of white...so rock if you've got it!



Maryland Photographer Amanda Arnold It Flies By itfliesby

It is nice to take your hat off.



Maryland Photographer Amanda Arnold It Flies By itfliesby

Flags are really cool.



Maryland Photographer Amanda Arnold It Flies By itfliesby

"No, Mama, That is WAY TOO MANY for counting."


Then, we went home to the kiddie pool!

0 comments: