Maryland Family Photographer: My Fam

Baltimore Maryland Lifestyle Photographer Amanda Arnold It Flies By itfliesby
Baltimore Maryland Lifestyle Photographer Amanda Arnold It Flies By itfliesby
Baltimore Maryland Lifestyle Photographer Amanda Arnold It Flies By itfliesby
Baltimore Maryland Lifestyle Photographer Amanda Arnold It Flies By itfliesby
Baltimore Maryland Lifestyle Photographer Amanda Arnold It Flies By itfliesby

I fell in love with Nate's grandparents' Rhode Island property last time we were there. It is a lifestyle photographer's (my) dream. There are outbuildings and texture with many gardens and rustic details. I feel like you could do a one man play there and have at least five scenes. So, when Nate expressed he'd like Shay to have a family party--we decided we'd do it RI style and include a family photo session. I was a little sad cause for my NJ family and friends I knew it was a stretch, but we are getting together in Nov for a shoot anyway, and really when you have family spread across 3 states, the opportunities for all-family events are the extremes--weddings, funerals, births--but not really birthdays.

Last time we did a photo shoot with the family, we wore white shirts and jeans. It is easy. It is classic. And those are the two things that will always be going on for that option. Everyone has it. Everyone gets it. But, everyone expects it too, and I don't like expected. I like fresh and interesting with simple composition.

In comes new approach to dressing large groups for photographs. Palettes of neutrals and pop colors. Neutrals are colors like: Grey, black, white, cream, navy, brown. Pop colors are vivid and exciting: red, royal blue, pink, lime green, orange, turquois, etc.. When I sent the invitation for Shay's party, I included a sample palette for the guests with swatches. I think this was the best way I could think of to get people on board without adding personal shopper to my title.

I think the results are good! I am happy with the shoot. Not a uniform, but a complimentary look. We could have used more pop. I did bring extra sweaters in case some forgot or were way off, but they were brown--cause I have lots of brown things. Next time, I will try to bring extra accessories in the pop colors.

Leave a comment. Is it too difficult? Do you like the results? How can I better implement it?

1 comments:

Liz said...

OMG, girl!!! Nate's bro looks so young!!!