Maryland Children Photographer: Whatever you do, Do not say "cheese"

Maryland Child Photographer Amanda Arnold
I like this shot where Remy looks as though he is whispering a little big brother advice to his hoodie-clad brother. It reminded me that after our holiday craziness of visiting here and there across several states with two sick kids for Christmas this year...when we came back... I was taking a photo, and Remy said:"Cheeeeeese!" How a child can pick up a behavior in just a short time, I dont know. He doesnt ask to wear argyle sweaters! I have heard no mention of gingerbread houses or Santa's lap even! In no way am I being dramatic: I felt ill. For a second, I thought, all of my hard work to document real moments of my children has gone to the can and been replaced by posing and "Cheeeeeese!!!!!". Lying on my belly in the dirt, hiding behind corners, running, ducking, jumping, the Ninja of candid childhood shots--ALL TO WASTE!!! Then, I chose to ignore it. And luckily, like most pesky behaviors we choose to ignore... it went away. Cherish every moment. It Flies By.

0 comments: