Everyone starts somewhere...

I guess I started in 1986 or so. This is the first photo I remember taking, or at least the first that ever got developed. My sister and I each took one with a Canon... probably an AE-1. My grandmother showed us how to focus and press the button to take the picture, with what was clearly her back up camera. This is how we usually saw her, with a brightly woven camera strap around her neck. It was my first work with an SLR. Welcome to my blog where I will share the everyday photos that I take, and invite you into my life and the world as I see it. Cherish every moment. It Flies By.

1 comments:

Sputz said...

Love your page. It has you written all over it. I've always said you have a great eye, and to me, that's 90% of what makes a great shot. It's something intrinsic and not easily taught. An eye for common things in uncommon light; varying perspectives; the yin and yang of brilliant hues or the simple sophistication of black & white; splashes of spinning movement in an otherwise frozen frame;...these all seem to be your forte. Your artistic forethought and perfectionism in combination with your growing technological knowledge, continually yield photos with an uncommon edge. It's not simply because of similar tastes and philosophies in art and other aspects of life that I give your photos accolades. It's the whole of the creative mind and spirit you possess, which observes, studies, and then captures beauty with exquisite perfection- Beauty commonly existing, but rarely noted… anywhere and everywhere...from seemingly out of nowhere and at times, out of almost nothing. You are truly an ancient in a young vessel. ~Sputz